Government of Manitoba Grant
Power Smart EcoEnergy In-Home Energy Evaluation | Hydro-Manitoba
You are eligible for this program if you own a single-family home, detached residential building, semi-detached home, or a multi-family building with a maximum of three floors.
Manitoba Hydro will give you detailed information on how to significantly reduce your energy costs.
$100 rebate on the post-retrofit energy assessment (a $125 value) if you are eligible for a grant of $400 or more from the federal government.
up to 100% of the insulation costs are coverfed under the power smart home insulation program
Get Your Grant
4 Easy Step(s)
- Have your building’s energy efficiency assessed by a certified energy adviser. Call 1-888-MBHYDRO for an appointment (assessments cost $180). Your adviser will assess your property to compile a set of recommendations to help you cut down on your energy bills.
- Complete some or all of the recommended improvements within 18 months.
- Have your property reassessed. Your adviser will apply for a federal grant in your name.
- You will receive a check for the specified amount from the federal government within 90 days.
GST Rebate (36% of the GST Paid)
There is a GST rebate program in place which refunds a portion of the GST paid on the purchase price of a new home. The purchase price includes:
- the land and home
- any permanent fixture including built in appliances, landscaping, driveways etc.
- new home construction / major renovation (completely gut the interior)
- you must own the land
How to apply:
- call 1-800-959-5525
- save all your bills, you are not required to send them in with your application but must have them on file for future reference